I had never consciously gone to the YouTube website. Occasionaly the local news would highlight a video or a friend would send a link. My first real exposure to the site was when this web 2.o exploration project began with the YouTube message from our PBCLS Director, John Callahan.
I explored YouTube at home last evening. It is amazing. It includes a community, a blog, and many, many videos. Our suggested search was to begin with a hobby. I searched three (I have many hobbies).
"Field Day" linked immediately to the ARRL Field Day videos promoting and celebrating the nationwide June 28 - 29 emergency drill. Some of the videos were very professional - some very casual.
My second search was "knitting". Very technical videos - professional level - were immediately available. I had seen some of these from the Ravelry site. The topics include knitting backward, cast on, and bind off. The camera-work is very good.
My third - and final - search was for German Shepherd. Once again, the videos ranged from professional to homebrew. I enjoyed visiting each. The one video that I chose to write about starred Faith, the two-legged dog. Faith was born without her front legs and has learned to walk on her hind legs - both hopping and strolling like a human. She stars in several videos. Her story is charming and inspirational. Her owner is a very talented and compassionate woman. (Another video shows the joyful reunion after Faith was put on the wrong plane and later reunited with her owner.)
Gnome Spores
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment