Thursday, May 15, 2008

23 Things - Web 2.0 Exploration Project - Begin

Always there is a beginning. Thus, to introduce this blog to the casual passer-by - the Palm Beach County Library System, my employer, is encouraging employee participation in their new Web 2.0 Exploration Project.

The project objectives include:
*Explore new technologies,
*Enhance individual skills,
*Encourage creative responses to community needs,
*Reward staff for taking the initiative to complete 23 self-discovery exercises.

This is not mandatory, but sounds like fun. Helping a puzzled patron will be much easier if I have a working knowledge of today's technology.

The Web 2.0 Exploration Project is based upon a (1) program designed by Helene Blowers from the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County, and (2) an article by Stephen Abrams 43 Things I (or You) Might Want to Do This Year (Information Outlook - Feb 2006) and, (3) the Website 43Things.

Entries in this blog will record some of my learning experiences while focusing on new and emerging technologies available on the Internet. Some of the free programs I will explore include: Blogger, Flickr, Odeo, YouTube, PBWiki, and Bloglines. (I confess, my eyes crossed when I typed some of these names - but they will still be an adventure.)

No comments: