Thursday, June 19, 2008

Final Webfeat

I thought Trail, Ohio, would have references to Troyer's Trail Bologna. But, alas, even with the town and state in quotes, the word trail is too generic and brought up references to hikes all over the state.

Troyer's Trail Bologna is the actual product referred to in some writings. Otherwise, the author simply states summer sausage as the meal. Wanda Brunstetter's Sisters of Holmes County series is set in the area near Trail - Winesburg - and Walnut Creek, where I went to high school. (Actually, her books are set closer to Berlin, where Hiland High School is physically located.) The books are very accurate in the details, other than I don't believe she understands the breeding process for dogs - or perhaps any animal.

Walnut Creek brought up references to Schrock's Cabinet Shop. I expected that to be the case.

I looked up a few more locations, but shall leave it now - Winesburg - Trail - Walnut Creek were the villages I lived in for four years until I graduated from high school.

No comments: