Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The end....no the true beginning

Well - this has been fun despite the lack of time at work. I did the majority of these assignments at home or during my meal breaks.

I had no experience with a lot of these technologies, so it is nice to have a reason to explore.

My favorite things include blogger, flickr, and tags. I will be using these on my hobby website at Ravelry.com. There are many more features for me to explore involving these products.

The online applications (word processing, spreadsheets, planners) will be very useful to me. I was amazed to receive a comment from the Zoho people regarding my blog post. There really is someone out there.

In this vein, I plan to experiment more with wikis. I will take time to learn more about podcasts. YouTube is a lot of fun - but definitely time consuming. I will be using this resource for several of my hobbies.

I have already used the audiobook features for my MP3 player, but will continue to improve - despite my blue funk. (I forget quickly.)

This project has been worthwhile. Perhaps it could have been taught over a longer time period so the circulation staff did not feel so rushed. It takes some time to become comfortable with new technologies - especially when they are not used daily in our work experience. I suppose the drawback to a longer time period for learning would be an increased dropout rate caused by various distractions.

I have become the most comfortable with the technologies taught first. I suppose continued use helps to reenforce the principles, so maybe there is hope for me as I continue to explore all of these new ideas.

Anyway, I managed to finish this project on time and even solved some of my own dilemmas. I will definitely join any discovery projects in the future. In fact, I look forward to them.

No comments: