Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year - here we go again

Once again I have not posted for awhile. I still need to finish a few rado projects from last year. There will be plenty of time and stress for that in 2009. If there is too much stress, I will resign as secretary of the club. I will not serve as secretary for a third year.

The good news, however, is I finished the 11 pair of socks for 2008: 3 pair for Ethan, 3 pair for Puja, 3 pair for Heather, 1 pair for Helen, and 1 pair for me. I was also able to finish other knit projects - all of them are listed at Ravelry.com. I finished 3 scarves for the Special Olympics. I was able to find three different patterns, so that was interesting. I am enjoying my time on Ravelry, and will continue to use and learn how to expand my use of this site.

I have begun my Christmas knitting for 2009. Actually, I ran out of yarn while I was at Richmond, so HAD to buy yarn - sock yarn. I am almost finished with the first pair for Ethan.

We enjoyed our holiday trip to NC and VA. It was fun spending time with Ethan, Puja, and all the relatives (Loki too)in Durham. I enjoyed the visit to our old neighborhood. I am sure it was not as interesting to Heather, Ethan, or Puja - they did edure it, however.

Somehow, I sprained (?) my knee while in Durham - probably stumbling around in the dark. I think it has improved some, but I guess I will call the doctor to see if he has more advice than to stay off it.

Richmond was fun also. It is always good to see Jenny, Meghan, and Margaret. Bob was fighting a "cold", but we were able to visit with him and with Helen. Heather and I went to Lettuce Knit. I didn't make it to her apartment, since my knee wasn't up to the climb. We spent New Year's Eve with Helen, Bob, and Heather.

The northbound traffic was realy heavy on Friday evening as we travelled South. I guess the football bowls in Florida on New Year's Day (Thursday) probably had an impact.

Time to organize my day - I work until 9 p.m. tonight.

No comments: